I. Add Docusign Input
- Navigate to the form that you want to add DocuSign to and click on the pages tab
- Click on "Add Input" => "Docusign". A new DocuSign button will appear in the form builder.
- For this to work, you must first add PDFs to your form:
- If you already added your PDFs, skip to the next step.
- Otherwise click on the PDFs tab near the top of the screen to be redirected to the PDFs page.
- Click on the button at the top-right corner "Add PDF".
- Choose a PDF file that you want to upload from your computer and give it a name.
- If your DocuSign configuration needs multiple PDFs, repeat this process.
- Click on the "Edit Input" button and the DocuSign editor window will pop up
II. Select PDFs
- You will first be shown the "PDFS" tab of the DocuSign editor window
- In the left-hand column, you should see a select dropdown with a list of PDFs that you can add. To add one, simply select it and click "ADD"
- If you do not see the PDF you want to add, go back to Section I and add the PDF
- Upon first adding a PDF, it will always be included with the DocuSign input.
- If you only want that particular PDF to be shown upon a certain input being filled out, choose a specific input from the additional dropdown.
- If you change your mind about a particular PDF, simply delete it by clicking the icon next the card
- Once you have added all your PDFs, click on the "SIGNERS" tab to continue
III. Add Signers
- A signer is a user that interacts with the DocuSign interface, whether it be filling out information or giving a signature. Upon interacting with the DocuSign input, they are sent an email that links them to DocuSign
- An in-session signer is a signer that is redirected to DocuSign to complete the form, and is redirected back to Prelim afterwards. You can only have ONE in-session signer per DocuSign configuration
- In the left-hand column, click on the "ADD" button to add a signer
- A signer configuration card will appear on the right-hand side. Give the signer a label, which will only be for internal use.
- Select the inputs that signer's information will be based off of. The values of these inputs will be used to populate the name/email of the signer.
- Similar to PDFs, you can also choose for the signer to be included only when a particular input is filled out by selecting an input from the "Should Include" dropdown
- You can delete unwanted signers by clicking on the icon
- Repeat until you have added sufficient signers. Proceed to the final section by clicking on the "SIGNER TABS" tab.
IV. Add Signer Tabs
- A signer tab is an input that will appear when the user opens up the actual DocuSign interface. The types of tabs that you are able to add are described below
- In the left-hand column, you will see three tab icons and a list of PDFs that you have added.
- Click on the PDF that you want to add tabs to. A preview of the PDF will display on the right.
- Click on the tab icon that you want to add to your PDF.
Description A text input for general purpose information entry A signature input requesting the user's signature A button for the user to click on to approve/agree with a statement
- If you see any error messages during this process, go back to Sections II or III to fix those issues by adding PDFs/signers
- Click directly on the document where you want to place that tab. A tab input will appear on the document
- If you do not like where a tab input is located, you can drag and drop it to move it around
- To change the signer associated with the tab input, click the dropdown in the tab input and choose from the list of signers
- Add as many tabs as you need until the the PDF is properly set up!
- To delete a tab, simply click on it to select it and then click the "DELETE TAB" button
- Repeat for the other PDFs
- In order for the DocuSign input to be fully configured, you must add at least one tab to each PDF.
- You have now added DocuSign to your form!